7 Reasons Why Self Love is the Best Love
Love starts with you...
You may have heard of the expression "you can't pour from an empty cup." It is hard to love someone else when you don't love yourself. How you treat your self is often reflected in your behaviors and though processes. That is why it's important to treat yourself good.
What does it look like to practice self love?
- Setting boundaries in relationships
- Forgiving yourself and others
- Letting go of the past
- Not allowing toxic relationships to drag on
- Taking time to get to know yourself
- Planning regular "me" time
- Seeking help counseling or therapy if needed
You will find that when you take care of yourself and you take time to give yourself the love that the benefits are worth the work.
Here are 7 reasons why self love is the best love:
- Better relationships
- Healthy decision making
- Improved understanding of ones self
- Less time dealing with toxic people
- More time building healthy relationships
- Better mental state due to less baggage
- You start to feel like a priority
In 2019, I was definitely not happy with where I was in life and I realized that I needed to make a change. I needed to show myself some love and make my happiness a priority. This year I have committed to loving my self more through setting goals that will make me feel good once accomplished.
Here are the goals that I am working to achieve this year:
- Lose 22 pounds: My starting weight was 197 lbs and my goal weight is 175 lbs. I work out at least 3-4 times a week and I track my calories in an app.
- Learn to play the clarinet: I am currently taking a beginning band class.
- Get out of debt: I started seeing a financial counselor in January and I have already made some massive progress. I also started budgeting using Dave Ramsey's EveryDollar app. I went through Financial Peace University a few years ago but I think that's how long it took to sink in. Now I'm a budgeting queen ready to cut costs wherever I can.
- Be more active on social media: This is definitely a work in progress. (this blog post is proof of progress lol)
- Go to church more consistently: This too is a work in progress, mostly because I haven't found a church I am really connected with in my area but I have resolved to just go to the place I have been going until I figure this part out.
As you can see, I have chosen to practice self love in a number of different ways and I can tell you that even though the year is just getting started I feel so much better about myself and my life. That is what self love is all about. Making decisions today that will boost your overall self esteem, confidence and quality of life.
Make a commitment today that you will thank yourself for later. If you are ready to make your life and your happiness a priority, pre-order your copy of the "Self Love is the Best Love" e-book and workbook here.